This guidance is founded on the best available evidence on HIV Prevention in MSM. It is intended to address this and will facilitate the commissioning process for interventions addressing this priority population.Implementing this guidance will:
- Strengthen the commissioning and delivery process
- Ensure that interventions are evidence informed
- Ensure an authentic MSM-informed,local approach
- Strengthen skills,expertise already in place within NGO’s locally and nationally
- Focus more attention on evaluation of intervention process and outcomes
The primary audience is local NHS commissioners and those who deliver HIV prevention services and activities in clinical and non-clinical settings.It has been written to dovetail with other sexual health governance documents referred to throughout the guidance.