Environmental Public Health

You are in: Skip Navigation LinksHPS Home | Environmental Public Health | Contacts

Environmental Public Health


In order to ensure that your enquiry is dealt with by the most appropriate agency, please refer to the following information.

Please note HPS cannot assist with complaints or issues relating to local environmental health problems (e.g. local environmental hazards, nuisances or possible contraventions of Environmental Public Health legislation (food complaints, bonfires, damp housing, noise nuisance, waste disposal, pest control etc)). Please contact your local authority environmental health department to assist.

If you wish to know which council covers your local area, the following website might be of assistance:

Enquiries about Risks to Public Health

If your complaint is about a local issue you may also contact your local NHS board Public Health Department. If you wish to know which health board covers your local area, the following website might be of assistance:

Specialist Information on Environmental Public Health Topics

For information on specific environmental public health topics, please refer to the subject specific sections in the HPS Environmental Public Health pages, which can be accessed from the dropdown menu to the left.

Alternatively, you can browse through the main A to Z subject list, or use the sitewide search