Information For Authors
HPS Weekly Report publishes current news on health protection issues
pertinent to Scotland, as well as surveillance reports and articles
that provide more in depth discussion on the topics. Submissions of
current news and articles are welcome.
The following outlines some points regarding the format of submissions:
- All submissions should be supplied in electronic
format either via email as attachments or post on disc (floppy or CD-ROM). It
should be written in clear, jargon free concise English and be its final
version. All abbreviations should be defined;
- The text of your submission should be in a Microsoft
Word compatible document;
- References to tables and figures should always be by
number (e.g. Figure 1, Table 4);
- Names and affiliations of all authors should be
included with full details of the corresponding author clearly identified;
- References should be indicated in the text by
superscript numbers at the appropriate point, e.g., 5. Full references are
listed at the end of the text in numerical order and in standard Vancouver
- Tables and figures should be supplied separately
including numerical tables for any graphs or charts;
- The HPS Weekly Report editor reviews articles for acceptance. If necessary, articles are sent
for review to one or more HPS staff members with expertise in the relevant
subject matter. A draft copy will be forwarded to the author prior to
publication for their information.
The publisher, HPS, reserves copyright on all published material
in the HPS Weekly Report and material may not be reproduced without written permission of the
publisher. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from
copyright holder(s) to reproduce any material enjoying copyright protection.
Statements and opinions are the responsibility of the authors.
NSS Copyright statement
Please see our Contact section.