The Chief Medical Officer’s third annual report was published on 20 April 2018.
Realistic Medicine has always had people at its heart. This latest report aims to move the conversation on from a set of guiding principles to a discussion about how Realistic Medicine can be practically applied.
The report’s contents include:
- build a personalised approach to care
- change our style to shared decision making
- understand and manage medico-legal risk
- value our workforce
- tackle unwarranted harm and waste
- share knowledge
- take a realistic approach to population healthcare
The report concludes with a summary of the health of the nation.