Public Health England’s (PHE) online Green Book contains the latest information on vaccines and vaccination procedures, for vaccine preventable infectious diseases in the UK.
Chapter 2, on consent, has recently been extensively revised and updated. The chapter includes information and links to useful resources on:
- principles of consent for immunisation
- consent in adults
- consent in children and young people
- data protection and recording
- resources to support consent
- professional guidance on consent
- arrangements in devolved nations
Obtaining consent is necessary before commencing any form of treatment, physical intervention or personal care, including vaccination. It is recommended that all healthcare professionals administering travel vaccines should familiarise themselves with the new guidance.
Source: TRAVAX, 24 June 2021