Healthcare Associated Infection Annual Report 2015
Publication Date: 30 May 2016
This is the seventh HAI Annual Report on the surveillance of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) in Scotland covering the period January to December 2015.
It provides a stocktake of the epidemiology of HAI in Scotland to supplement the routine quarterly reports of the mandatory surveillance programmes for Staphylococcus aureus, Clostridium difficile and surgical site infection, which are run by HPS.
The aim of this report is to identify key information on HAI in Scotland, demonstrating the burden of infection, trends in infection incidence, share supplementary epidemiological and microbiological data from the national reference laboratories and identify future priorities.
Infographics to accompany the Executive Summary and each chapter of the HAI Annual Report are available to download.
- Health Protection Scotland
- Publication type:
- Annual Report
If you need information in a different format, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HAI Annual Report 2015 (PDF, 7580KB)
- Infographic - Executive summary (PDF, 1872KB)
- Infographic - Development of guidance (PDF, 246KB)
- Infographic - Carbapenemase-producing organisms (PDF, 824KB)
- Infographic - Clostridium difficile infection (PDF, 673KB)
- Infographic - Control of Antimicrobial Resistance in Scotland (CARS) (PDF, 444KB)
- Infographic - Decontamination (PDF, 459KB)
- Infographic - Escherichia coli bacteraemia (PDF, 884KB)
- Infographic - HAIs in intensive care units (PDF, 402KB)
- Infographic - Hand hygiene (PDF, 363KB)
- Infographic - Hospital outbreaks (PDF, 521KB)
- Infographic - Norovirus (PDF, 747KB)
- Infographic - Staphylococcus aureus infection (PDF, 1608KB)
- Infographic - Surgical site infection (PDF, 440KB)
- Infographic - Urinary tract infections (PDF, 440KB)