Healthcare Associated Infection Annual Report 2017
Publication Date: 03 May 2018
This is the ninth HAI Annual Report on the surveillance of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) in Scotland covering the period January to December 2017.
Health Protection Scotland is supporting the World Health Organisation (WHO) ‘SAVES LIVES: Clean your hands’ campaign which this year focuses on healthcare associated sepsis with the theme of ‘It’s in your hands – prevent sepsis in healthcare’.
In support of this, we have published our HAI Annual Report which details the latest figures on healthcare associated infections. These continue to represent a threat to patient safety across Scotland and to safe care as a whole, wherever that is delivered. The threat of sepsis from HAI remains a key focus for current and future health protection strategies.
Infographics to accompany the Executive Summary and each chapter of the HAI Annual Report are also available to download.
- Health Protection Scotland
- Publication type:
- Annual Report
If you need information in a different format, email us at email@example.com
- HAI Annual Report 2017 (PDF, 5957KB)
- Infographic - Executive summary (PDF, 1589KB)
- Infographic - Development of guidance (PDF, 165KB)
- Infographic - Bloodborne viruses (PDF, 463KB)
- Infographic - Clostridium difficile infection (PDF, 588KB)
- Infographic - Control of Antimicrobial Resistance in Scotland (CARS) (PDF, 464KB)
- Infographic - Carbapenemase-producing organisms (PDF, 785KB)
- Infographic - Gram negative bacteraemia (PDF, 524KB)
- Infographic - HAIs in intensive care units (PDF, 412KB)
- Infographic - Hospital outbreaks (PDF, 493KB)
- Infographic - ICBED (PDF, 287KB)
- Infographic - Neonatal units (PDF, 161KB)
- Infographic - Norovirus outbreaks (PDF, 651KB)
- Infographic - Staphylococcus aureus infection (PDF, 1522KB)
- Infographic - Surgical site infections (PDF, 424KB)
- Infographic - Urinary tract infections (PDF, 477KB)