Hepatitis E Information Leaflet
Publication Date: 14 June 2016
Hepatitis E is an illness of the liver caused by the hepatitis E virus (HEV), a virus which can infect both animals and humans.
This information leaflet answers the following questions:
- How can I tell if I have hepatitis E?
- How long can I have the infection before developing symptoms?
- How common is hepatitis E?
- How is hepatitis E virus transmitted?
- Can Hepatitis E by passed on via blood transfusion?
- How is hepatitis E treated?
- Alcohol information
- Can hepatitis E infection be prevented?
- Where can I get further help?
- Health Protection Scotland
- Publication type:
If you need information in a different format, email us at email@example.com