In week 13, the overall assessment remains green (below baseline activity).
- GP consultation rate for influenza like illness (ILI) remains below the baseline threshold for normal seasonal activity.
- The colour indicator for influenza in closed settings changed to green (below baseline activity). Virological detections of influenza in secondary carecontinue to reduce.
- In week 13, no statistically significant all-cause mortality excess was observed. It is difficult to assess the contribution of influenza to the very high* statistically significant excess in all-cause mortality reported in weeks 52, 1 and 2, but ICU mortality due to laboratory confirmed influenza remains below expected seasonal range.
- Vaccine uptake rates increased in week 12 and are similar or greater than the same time in season 2016/17
- An increase in community circulation of influenza prompted the issue of a CMO letter in week 50 and the advice that GPs may prescribe antivirals remains in force.