Literature Review and Practice Recommendations: Existing and emerging technologies used for decontamination of the healthcare environment - Antimicrobial Copper Surfaces
Publication Date: 07 August 2017
To review the evidence for using antimicrobial copper surfaces for decontamination of the healthcare environment and reusable non-invasive patient care equipment.
- To provide a generic description of antimicrobial copper surfaces, including the proposed or actual mechanism of action and the procedure for use.
- To assess the scientific evidence for effectiveness of antimicrobial copper surfaces.
- To explore practical and safety considerations related to the use of antimicrobial copper surfaces.
- To explore the costs associated with antimicrobial copper surfaces.
- To produce a concise evidence summary for antimicrobial copper surfaces to assist the Equipment and Environmental Decontamination Steering Expert Advisory Group in making practical recommendations on the use of antimicrobial copper surfaces for NHSScotland.
- Health Protection Scotland
- Publication type:
- Literature Review
If you need information in a different format, email us at email@example.com