This literature review aims to review the evidence base for using electrolysed water (EW) for decontamination of the healthcare environment.
- To provide a generic description of EW, including the proposed or actual mechanism of action and the procedure for use.
- To assess the scientific evidence for effectiveness of EW.
- To explore practical and safety considerations related to the use of EW.
- To explore the costs associated with EW.
- To produce a concise evidence summary for EW to assist the Equipment and Environmental Decontamination Steering Expert Advisory Group in making practical recommendations on the use of EW for NHSScotland.