This literature review aims to review the evidence for using ozone for decontamination of the healthcare environment and reusable non-invasive patient care equipment.
- To provide a generic description of ozone, including the proposed or actual mechanism of action and the procedure for use.
- To assess the scientific evidence for effectiveness of ozone.
- To explore practical and safety considerations related to the use of ozone.
- To explore the costs associated with ozone.
- To produce a concise evidence sheet for ozone to assist the Environmental Decontamination Steering Group in making practical recommendations on the use of ozone for NHSScotland.