This literature review aims to review the evidence for using detergent and disinfectant wipes for decontamination of the healthcare environment and reusable non-invasive patient care equipment.
- To provide a generic description of wipes, including the proposed or actual mechanism of action and the procedure for use.
- To assess the scientific evidence for effectiveness of wipes.
- To explore practical and safety considerations related to the use of wipes.
- To explore the costs associated with use of wipes.
- To produce an evidence sheet for wipes to assist the Environmental Decontamination Steering Group in making practical recommendations on the use of wipes for NHSScotland.